You’ve Got Questions About SEO, and We’ve Got Answers!
Our clients often ask us questions about SEO, and for good reason! The rules of SEO seem to change frequently and keeping up with the current recommendations is a daunting task. Here, we answer the most common questions our SEO team gets.
We hope that you find the SEO answers you seek on this page. If you don’t please do not hesitate to call 888-886-0939 to speak with a member of our U.S.-based SEO team.
- Page 3
How can I maintain my attorney website’s SEO success?
If your attorney website is already performing well in the search engine rankings and drawing in contacts and clients for your law firm, then it’s a good time to sit down and think about how you can maintain that SEO success. One of the biggest mistakes that people make is to start slacking on their SEO as soon as they start to reap the benefits of the groundwork they’ve put in. Effective search engine optimization is an evolving beast, and great search engine rankings aren’t a one-time achievement—your SEO campaign needs sustained attention if you want it to keep working for you.
Here are a few things you can do to keep your online attorney marketing campaign going strong:
- Create additional content related to popular topics. If you’ve had a lot of success with certain keywords and types of content, continue to build on your success by expanding on what has been popular in the past.
- Engage with your potential clients through social media. There’s no doubt that the Web is social, and engaging with your audience through Facebook or Twitter can be a great way to continue driving traffic to your site. If you’re not already involved in social media for your business, it’s definitely time to get started.
- Post relevant content regularly. If you aren’t posting new content regularly, you’re probably missing out on some visibility. Google rewards frequent posters, so it’s worth taking the time to create and schedule content each month.
- Keep current with current “white hat” SEO trends. Old or manipulative SEO tactics can harm your site’s ranking in the blink of an eye. Make sure you understand the most current SEO guidelines and adhere to them.
If you need help building a successful online attorney marketing campaign, or if you are looking for help managing your SEO needs, our friendly attorney SEO team can help. Give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939 with any further questions or concerns.
What is my unique selling proposition, and how does it apply to attorney search engine marketing?
Although it seems like you should be aiming for a broad audience with your attorney search engine marketing, the most effective online marketing efforts focus on a narrow audience with unique concerns. When you first get started with online marketing, you should be thinking about your “unique selling proposition,” which is really just a fancy way of describing what makes your law firm special and what you have to offer to your clients.
So why does it matter? Here are just a few reasons why your unique selling proposition is so important to online marketing:
- It should be at the core of your overall online marketing strategy. It can be a challenge to stand out from the crowd of online competitors. Getting a clear idea of what makes your services unique helps you build up a strong attorney marketing strategy that really showcases what you have to offer.
- It’s easier to target the clients who need your services. Effective attorney search engine marketing focuses on attracting your ideal clients—and your ideal client is largely attracted by the things that make you special. Figuring out what sets you apart from your competitors helps you focus your marketing attention on your unique areas of interest and expertise, which brings in more relevant contacts.
- It helps you establish an online “personality.” What is the personality of your law firm? How do you work with the clients who visit your office? A big part of what makes your law firm special is what you bring to the table in experience and personality. Letting your personality show online helps potential clients get to know you and makes you stand out from the cold, dry content on other legal sites.
Have more questions related to attorney search engine marketing? Call the team at Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939 for help!
How long does it take to see the results of attorney search engine marketing?
It really depends. Some attorneys start seeing results immediately, and other attorneys need a few months—or even a year—to tweak their online marketing campaigns and start building traffic. It’s important to understand that SEO isn’t a one-time thing or an overnight solution. Great SEO takes a little time and attention.
Here are just a few of the factors that can affect how soon you start seeing results from your online marketing efforts—and how effective those results are:
- How relevant your content is to potential clients. If potential clients start finding your site and fail to find anything useful, your page rankings are going to struggle. Make sure you’re offering something that is meaningful and relevant to your clients—something that encourages them to reach out to you.
- How targeted your keywords are. The keywords you use to attract traffic should be relevant to the types of clients you’re really looking for. Think about your ideal client and the types of words or phrases he or she might use to find you online.
- How much competition you face. If you are in a highly competitive market with an active online presence, you may struggle more in the beginning than other businesses in less competitive markets. It may be difficult to compete for the most desirable keywords, and it can help to apply your creativity and be vigilant in updating content regularly.
If you have questions about more effective SEO for lawyers, speak with the friendly attorney search engine marketing team at Foster Web Marketing today. Just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939!
How can I best search engine optimize my meta descriptions?
When it comes to search engine bots ranking your web page, meta descriptions don’t count for very much. However, having a pithy, interesting, and well-written meta description can greatly help your click-through rate and help attract readers to your website.
Here are a few SEO meta description tips to keep in mind when writing content for your attorney website:
- The best meta descriptions are ones that very accurately describe the content on your page.
- Never cut and paste the same generic meta description onto multiple pages.
- Keep your meta description under 160 characters so that it is not likely to be cut off when it appears in the search results.
- Don’t stuff your meta description with keywords—it does not help your SEO.
- Never leave your meta-description field blank.
- Take an extra minute to make your meta description interesting and effective.
At Foster Web Marketing, we specialize in providing attorneys with awesome SEO services and training attorneys to take the search engine optimization of their websites into their own hands. To learn more about what we do—and to find out how we can help you—call us today at 888-886-0939 to schedule a free meeting.
How can I best search engine optimize my web page titles?
Your web page titles are one of the most important aspects of your attorney website, and search engines weigh them heavily when ranking your page. It is vital to take the time to write a search engine optimized title that also grabs the attention of readers.
Here are some quick tips:
- Don’t make your page titles too long or too short. Google accepts 70 characters – stick with that limit.
- Put a good keyword or two in your title, but never stuff your title with more. Search engines and readers will notice, and it won’t make them happy.
- Make sure your title is relevant to the content. The closer they match, the happier both the search engine bots and your readers will be.
- Never cut and paste generic titles onto multiple pages of your website.
- Be certain that your title makes sense and is not just a string of important keywords.
- Make sure that your title speaks to the needs and emotions of the reader.
- Take an extra moment to make your title really interesting and well written.
Do you need professional help with your attorney website SEO? We are here to help. Call Foster Web Marketing today to learn more about our services and talk to a member of our marketing team at 888-886-0939.
Won’t search engine optimization just make my attorney website look “spammy?”
Not if you’re doing it right! There’s a common misconception that all search engine optimization services use “black hat” SEO techniques – like keyword lists, keyword stuffing, or paid links – to trick search engines into ranking their sites highly. This is simply not true.
At Foster Web Marketing, we believe that your SEO should never get in the way of a great user experience and that you shouldn’t have to trick search engines – or your readers – into visiting your site. Instead, you should focus on providing an online marketing experience that helps you engage with readers, answer their questions, and encourage them to reach out to you for help. We want search engines and visitors to like your site because it’s actually good and easy to find!
Great Attorney SEO Is All About Enhancing the User Experience
A few years ago, it was possible to manipulate search engine algorithms by stuffing your site with irrelevant keywords or paid links. These days, search engines frown on those activities and, instead, reward sites that provide solid content and please visitors.
When you contact our online attorney marketing team, we’ll start by helping you build a website that looks professional and reflects the personality of your law firm. Once it’s live, we’ll help you maintain an engaging and professional online marketing plan, upload original and relevant online content, get started with social media and video, and adjust to the latest trends and changes in the online marketing world.
If you’d like to learn more about doing SEO right, contact our online attorney marketing team today at 1-888-886-0939!
How can I avoid using outdated SEO tactics in my online attorney marketing?
The rules of online attorney marketing change quickly. If you don’t know much about modern SEO, or if your attorney website is a few years old, you could be engaging in once-helpful tactics that are now actually harmful to your image and rankings. Here are a few guidelines for avoiding outdated or manipulative SEO techniques:
- Stop trying to manipulate search engines. Keyword stuffing, buying links, and blog spamming are a thing of the past. Instead of attempting to manipulate search engine algorithms, search engines now reward you for creating engaging and unique content that naturally attracts visitors.
- Pay attention to major search engine changes. Search engines are always improving, and that means that some perfectly legitimate SEO trends can change literally overnight. Keep up on the news, and be prepared to adjust your marketing strategy as needed.
- Focus on your potential clients. Web users are increasingly savvy, and they won’t stick around for sites using obvious manipulation tactics and junk content. Always try to provide a great user experience and engaging content, which keeps your potential clients (and search engines) happy and never goes out of style.
- Hire an online marketing team to help. Keeping up with your online attorney marketing can be a time-consuming chore, and it’s easy to fall behind the times when you’re busy with clients. Hiring an experienced attorney SEO team means that you can quickly adjust to search engine changes and important new trends while focusing on what you do best – practicing the law and working with clients.
Ready to learn more? Reach out to Foster Web Marketing at 1-888-886-0939, or just fill out the quick contact form on this page for more information!
In my online law firm marketing, should I try to go for highly competitive keywords, or should I avoid keywords with a lot of competition?
This is a great question; however, there isn’t a completely clear answer. Although highly competitive keywords can be relevant to your practice and popular for your online audience, you may find it difficult to get the kind of page rankings you’d like to see. For many popular keywords, it can be a struggle to even show up in the first page or two of results! Even if you make it to page one, you may not rank as highly as you could with a slightly less competitive keyword phrase.
The trick to choosing the best keywords for your online website content will probably boil down to using a mix of both highly competitive keywords and more creative and targeted keywords. Spend some time thinking about the kinds of services you offer and the kinds of questions your potential clients are likely to have. Use online keyword research and monitoring tools to determine which keywords are driving clients to you, and use that information to build stronger and more specific keywords for your online content.
The important thing is to regularly review your keywords and decide what’s working for you. Some attorneys find that certain highly competitive keywords are worth the constant struggle for a better ranking, while other attorneys may find that less competitive keywords actually bring in more potential clients who are ready to hire an attorney.
If you need a hand with your online law firm marketing and keyword research, reach out to the experts at Foster Web Marketing today. We’d be happy to help you chose great keywords, incorporate them effectively with your online content, and monitor their effectiveness to hone your marketing focus. Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form for more information.
How do I know which keywords to focus on for my online marketing campaign?
Using the right keywords is essential to online marketing for your business, and the success of your search engine optimization efforts often hinge on it. If you’re confused about keywords, it’s definitely worth the time and effort to learn more and seek guidance.
To give you a better idea how to get started, here are a few ways to determine which keywords you should be focusing on:
- Monitor your keywords using available tools. If you already have an online marketing campaign in place, then choosing which keywords to focus on can be as easy as taking advantage of online tools and looking at what’s working.
- Choose keywords that are relevant. Targeting your keywords to your audience is really the key for getting an online audience that actually needs your services. Make sure your keywords are relevant to your practice and what you do.
- Choose keywords that are actually driving traffic to your site. No matter how relevant a keyword is, it’s useless to you unless people are actually using that term to search for and find you.
- If you’re looking for local customers, focus on local keywords. Unless you work on the national or international level, you’re probably looking for clients from your local area. Be sure to incorporate your location in your keywords and focus on targeted potential clients in your area.
Need help with choosing appropriate keywords for your online attorney marketing campaign? Our search engine optimization experts would happy to discuss online marketing for attorneys and what you can do to build a stronger online presence that works for you and your law firm. Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our online contact form for more information.
How can I build my online credibility with attorney SEO in mind?
Appearing credible to both Google and your potential clients is a key element of effective attorney SEO, but it can be difficult to know where to get started. Here are three easy ways to increase your online credibility and improve your search engine optimization:
- Don’t use “black hat” SEO tactics. Web users these days are getting more savvy—and so is Google’s algorithm. Using underhanded tactics like keyword stuffing, hidden links, useless content, etc., is usually a one-way ticket to wrecking your credibility.
- Use high-quality images and video. Using unrelated, low-quality pictures or putting up a bunch of poorly lit webcam videos could actually hurt your credibility more than having no images at all! Make the extra effort to use high-quality image content for your viewers, and consider using a professional video team to present you as the professional you are.
- Use your content to answer questions. Content carries a lot of weight in attorney SEO, and most of your online readers are looking for answers when they find you. Taking the time to answer common questions and clarify common experiences helps establish you as the authority to turn to with legal issues.
- Pay attention to your links. Although it often goes overlooked, establishing and maintaining relevant links can be a huge boon to your online marketing efforts. Avoid paid links, spammy links, or links to and from low-quality sites so that Google knows you’re a credible site.
Does your attorney website look unprofessional or just need a little love? Reach out to our online attorney marketing team today, and let’s talk about it. Give Foster Web Marketing a call at 888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form for more information.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.