You’ve Got Questions About SEO, and We’ve Got Answers!
Our clients often ask us questions about SEO, and for good reason! The rules of SEO seem to change frequently and keeping up with the current recommendations is a daunting task. Here, we answer the most common questions our SEO team gets.
We hope that you find the SEO answers you seek on this page. If you don’t please do not hesitate to call 888-886-0939 to speak with a member of our U.S.-based SEO team.
- Page 3
What is my unique selling proposition, and how does it apply to attorney search engine marketing?
Although it seems like you should be aiming for a broad audience with your attorney search engine marketing, the most effective online marketing efforts focus on a narrow audience with unique concerns. When you first get started with online marketing, you should be thinking about your “unique selling proposition,” which is really just a fancy way of describing what makes your law firm special and what you have to offer to your clients.
So why does it matter? Here are just a few reasons why your unique selling proposition is so important to online marketing:
- It should be at the core of your overall online marketing strategy. It can be a challenge to stand out from the crowd of online competitors. Getting a clear idea of what makes your services unique helps you build up a strong attorney marketing strategy that really showcases what you have to offer.
- It’s easier to target the clients who need your services. Effective attorney search engine marketing focuses on attracting your ideal clients—and your ideal client is largely attracted by the things that make you special. Figuring out what sets you apart from your competitors helps you focus your marketing attention on your unique areas of interest and expertise, which brings in more relevant contacts.
- It helps you establish an online “personality.” What is the personality of your law firm? How do you work with the clients who visit your office? A big part of what makes your law firm special is what you bring to the table in experience and personality. Letting your personality show online helps potential clients get to know you and makes you stand out from the cold, dry content on other legal sites.
Have more questions related to attorney search engine marketing? Call the team at Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939 for help!
How long does it take to see the results of attorney search engine marketing?
It really depends. Some attorneys start seeing results immediately, and other attorneys need a few months—or even a year—to tweak their online marketing campaigns and start building traffic. It’s important to understand that SEO isn’t a one-time thing or an overnight solution. Great SEO takes a little time and attention.
Here are just a few of the factors that can affect how soon you start seeing results from your online marketing efforts—and how effective those results are:
- How relevant your content is to potential clients. If potential clients start finding your site and fail to find anything useful, your page rankings are going to struggle. Make sure you’re offering something that is meaningful and relevant to your clients—something that encourages them to reach out to you.
- How targeted your keywords are. The keywords you use to attract traffic should be relevant to the types of clients you’re really looking for. Think about your ideal client and the types of words or phrases he or she might use to find you online.
- How much competition you face. If you are in a highly competitive market with an active online presence, you may struggle more in the beginning than other businesses in less competitive markets. It may be difficult to compete for the most desirable keywords, and it can help to apply your creativity and be vigilant in updating content regularly.
If you have questions about more effective SEO for lawyers, speak with the friendly attorney search engine marketing team at Foster Web Marketing today. Just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939!
How can I best search engine optimize my meta descriptions?
When it comes to search engine bots ranking your web page, meta descriptions don’t count for very much. However, having a pithy, interesting, and well-written meta description can greatly help your click-through rate and help attract readers to your website.
Here are a few SEO meta description tips to keep in mind when writing content for your attorney website:
- The best meta descriptions are ones that very accurately describe the content on your page.
- Never cut and paste the same generic meta description onto multiple pages.
- Keep your meta description under 160 characters so that it is not likely to be cut off when it appears in the search results.
- Don’t stuff your meta description with keywords—it does not help your SEO.
- Never leave your meta-description field blank.
- Take an extra minute to make your meta description interesting and effective.
At Foster Web Marketing, we specialize in providing attorneys with awesome SEO services and training attorneys to take the search engine optimization of their websites into their own hands. To learn more about what we do—and to find out how we can help you—call us today at 888-886-0939 to schedule a free meeting.
How can I best search engine optimize my web page titles?
Your web page titles are one of the most important aspects of your attorney website, and search engines weigh them heavily when ranking your page. It is vital to take the time to write a search engine optimized title that also grabs the attention of readers.
Here are some quick tips:
- Don’t make your page titles too long or too short. Google accepts 70 characters – stick with that limit.
- Put a good keyword or two in your title, but never stuff your title with more. Search engines and readers will notice, and it won’t make them happy.
- Make sure your title is relevant to the content. The closer they match, the happier both the search engine bots and your readers will be.
- Never cut and paste generic titles onto multiple pages of your website.
- Be certain that your title makes sense and is not just a string of important keywords.
- Make sure that your title speaks to the needs and emotions of the reader.
- Take an extra moment to make your title really interesting and well written.
Do you need professional help with your attorney website SEO? We are here to help. Call Foster Web Marketing today to learn more about our services and talk to a member of our marketing team at 888-886-0939.
Why don't I get many contacts even though I have a lot of visitors?
There are four top reasons why you may be getting many visitors, but they aren’t contacting your law firm after visiting your attorney website. These reasons include:
- Too focused on SEO – If you are too concerned about appealing to the search engines and not writing good, quality content that is interesting to your potential clients, then your website visitors will leave your site and continue their search. There is a balance between having optimized content and interesting, helpful content.
- Don’t have an offer or something compelling – If you are not setting yourself apart from your competitors, then potential clients may not be as enticed to call you. By providing a free book or guide, it may give them a reason to contact you instead of your competition.
- Not using chat – People want answers and help fast. This is why the live chat function is so helpful in converting web visitors into clients. If you aren’t using it, you should be.
- No trackable phone number – Clients may be calling you, but if no one is answering the phone beyond a certain hour of the day, and the number is not being tracked, then you may be losing leads.
In order to get contacted by potential clients, make sure you are answering their potential questions in your content and make it easy for them to contact you. If you have questions about this information or need additional attorney online marketing help, call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
I don’t understand what to do with all the information I get through Google analytics. Is it really necessary for my attorney SEO?
Analytics is a crucial part of attorney SEO – the data you receive through analytics can tell you how effective your online attorney marketing is, what keywords are working, and where your law firm website could use some work. Used correctly, analytics can be a guiding force in building the kind of online presence that brings in more contacts, more clients, and is truly a benefit for your law firm.
Here are the questions that analytics software can help you answer:
- What keywords are bringing people to my site?
- Where is most of my traffic coming from?
- Are the people who find me finding what they need when they get here?
- What are my most popular pages?
Using analytics, you can fine-tune your online marketing plan, know what’s working (and what isn’t), give your potential clients what they’re looking for, and stay on top of the frequent changes to Google’s search algorithm.
Sound pretty good? It is! If you need help making better use of your analytics data, the online attorney marketing team with Foster Web Marketing can help! Speak with us today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out our convenient online contact form for more information.
And, for more great information about beefing up your online marketing, request your FREE copy of our must-read book The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites. This important guide explains more about the most common attorney website pitfalls and how effective use of “white hat” SEO can help you get seen.
Why Are Our Competitors Ranking So High?
A lot of factors are behind why one website ranks higher than another. It is more than just a simple answer. In fact, it could be the name, how old the domain is, how long it has been on the web, how much content it has, how relevant that contact is to a search term, what links point to that page, how many links, how valuable are those links, and more.
While there can be a lot of complexity behind why, Foster Web Marketing has the tools to analyze these factors. Also, the tools can be used to specifically see what it is going to take to beat out your competition.
Search engine rankings matter, but there is more to it than just that. It is also important to ask the following questions about what your competitors are doing:
- Are their rankings high for relevant keywords?
- Is your competition answering the specific questions that potential clients have?
- Is your completion ranking well for long-tail search?
The reason that these questions matter is that high search rankings are not all that it takes to accomplish a high conversion rate and to generate quality leads. In fact, just because a site has a high ranking does not mean that it is even generating worthwhile leads.
Contact lawyer website marketing firm Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 to determine how to become top-ranked for your high-impact search terms and to get the competitive edge that you have been looking for.
What is organic link building?
There are two major types of link building: links that occur naturally and links that you negotiate with others, either through an exchange, a partnership, or a paid agreement. Organic links – links that happen naturally – take place without you asking to be linked to and without agreements or exchanges.
There are several advantages to organic link building. Organic links are free, they often come from more relevant and quality websites (such as new sites), and they are more likely to effectively drive more traffic to your website while also increasing your search engine PageRank. In addition, while paid links are often looked at in a negative light by many search engines, organic links are rewarded. However, it is also important to understand that organic inbound links can also be significantly harder to come by, especially since, by definition, you can’t engineer these links yourself.
What are the best ways to increase the number of organic links to your attorney website? Strong content, unique content, video content, and fresh content can all help increase the interest in your site and lead to great inbound links.
Learn more about increasing the organic links to your law firm website from the experts at Foster Web Marketing. Call us today at 888.886.0939.
What is link building?
When search engines like Google attempt to find the best content and most helpful pages for their customers, they often take into account how many and what kinds of other websites have linked to each page they evaluate. They believe that, if a page is linked too often and by quality websites, then it will likely be a helpful and relevant page for those searching the Web.
Because search engines use inbound links (links from other websites that point to your website) as a big factor when it comes to PageRank, an important factor of search engine optimization (SEO) is building great, quality links to your website. In addition, having popular, high-quality inbound links will often increase your website traffic and improve your reach and authority.
By investing time and resources into link building, you can improve your web presence, improve your search engine rank, establish helpful partnerships and relationships with other websites, and increase the overall traffic to your website.
Are you ready to start building links to your attorney website – both organically and through partnerships? Foster Web Marketing can get you started and teach you what you need to know. Call us today at 888.886.0939 to talk to one of the members of our lawyer marketing team.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want to Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.