In the days past, people who believed in organic SEO (those techniques used to get you on page 1 of Google search results) butted heads with paid advertisers. Those days are long gone. Organic SEO, which consists of content, link building, local search and more, has found a nice companion in the form of paid online advertising.
Paid advertising could be just the jumpstart you need to start out strong with your Internet marketing campaign. It can also help you go after the keywords that your organic SEO has yet to conquer. There are many situations where paid advertising makes sense and again, it can be a great compliment to your other Web marketing efforts.
Paid Advertising Comes in Many Shapes and Sizes
Paid advertising is as simple as it sounds—you pay to have your advertisement appear on a website or in search results. There are also many types of paid advertising that you can choose from. Most people have heard of pay-per-click (PPC), but did you know about retargeting, banner ads and online video commercials? You can also link your offline advertising to your online marketing. The options are endless!
Let’s break it down further:
- Pay-per-click: Google AdWords is by far one of the most popular pay-per-click programs available. With pay-per-click, you bid for your targeted keywords. When someone types in those targeted keywords, your ad will pop up, depending on your bid and that of your competitors. You only pay once someone clicks on your ad.
- Retargeting: Have you ever wondered how you can stay in front of the people who have visited your website, but didn’t provide their contact information? The answer is retargeting. With retargeting, you are able to keep track of the people who visited your website and display your ad on other websites they visit. It is a way to stay at the forefront of their minds.
- Banner Ads: Many websites give you the opportunity to purchase ad space. They generally come in the form of banner ads and can be just what you need to attract your target market. You need to determine what websites your perfect clients are visiting and purchase banner ads, so that you get right in front of them.
- Video Commercials: Not all law firms consider commercials an economic marketing choice. However, with the advent of online video, reaching a wide audience with your commercial is now a viable option. Online video commercials are a great way to reach your market at an affordable price.
- Offline Ads: You might be wondering how offline ads made it on our list of paid online advertising. There is a reason why we felt the need to mention it here. Your offline marketing should be closely tied with your online efforts. You should be directing prospects to your website, ideally a specific landing page, in each and every one of your offline ads. So, if you advertise in the local paper, a magazine or other avenue, you should be promoting your online presence too.
We can help you with your paid advertising and ensure that you are tying together all of your marketing efforts—both offline and online—in the best way possible so you can exponentially multiply the effects of your paid and organic efforts.
Please contact us at 888.886.0939 or chat with us at fosterwebmarketing.com.