Get Ahead of the Competition with Social Media
Knowing how to make social media sites work as marketing tools is vital to setting you apart from the competition, but with so many sites to choose from it can be daunting to determine which ones to use. While each social media site has its benefits there are three that lawyers absolutely cannot live without.
- Facebook. With an estimated 845 million users, Facebook is far and away the most popular social media site. It is also one of the most popular ways that businesses are now marketing themselves. By creating a “fan page” you can inform and update the masses on new developments taking place at your firm, post pictures and videos, create an event and interact with those who have questions or comments. Facebook also offers the opportunity to expand and maintain relationships with past clients through continued dialogue by messaging them or posting on their wall.
- Twitter. The perfect way to communicate in a world that is developing a shorter and shorter attention span. Twitter allows users to “tell the world what’s happening in 140 characters or less” making it an ideal way to deliver quick messages to a large audience. Twitter offers the opportunity for your “tweets” to be “retweeted” by others, meaning that your original message gets passed along to a much wider audience.
- LinkedIn. The goal of this site is to offer a social networking platform for working professionals. Users get the opportunity to build professional relationships called “connections,” ask questions relating to various business problems and recruit new employees. LinkedIn is a great tool to interact with other lawyers and establish referral agreements.
- Google+. The search engine giant has gone all in on social and has decided to make Google+ profiles have an impact on what appears in personalized searches. It is now mandatory to have a Google+ account in order to use services like YouTube and Gmail.
- YouTube. That's right, YouTube is a social network. People watch more than 3 billion videos a day on YouTUbe and the site gets about 800 million unique visits every month
Social media is the new frontier for web marketing and while the sheer number of sites may be intimidating, rest assured in knowing that Foster Web Marketing is here to help. Feel free to give us a call at 888-886-0939 with any questions.