Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 14
Should I upload my attorney marketing videos to YouTube?
Yes! Uploading your attorney marketing videos to YouTube can be a great way to increase your exposure, reach more potential clients, and make connections with others. YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world, and it makes sense to take advantage of the potential of this huge social search site. If you need help creating or uploading videos for YouTube, just give our online attorney marketing team a quick call with your questions.
But Don’t Stop There
Although YouTube can be a great way to promote your attorney marketing videos, don’t stop there. You should also be using your web videos on your own attorney website and on Facebook or other social media sites. One of the benefits of an attorney web video is that you can use the same video in a variety of different marketing materials to engage with more potential clients and contacts. Just make sure that your video looks great, features engaging content, and is relevant to your practice and your potential clients’ needs.
To learn more about web video marketing and YouTube, please request your FREE copy of our helpful book The Small Business Guide to YouTube: How to Get Found by the World’s Most Aggressive Internet Users and Never Miss Another Lead.
If you have questions about using video to market a law firm, or if you need help shooting or optimizing video for your business, please speak with our friendly attorney web video team today. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 or by filling out the quick contact form on this page.
Could my law firm’s marketing plan benefit from having an Instagram account?
These days, about 90 percent of businesses are taking advantage of social media marketing opportunities, especially on social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. However, fewer businesses – and even fewer law firms – have experimented with newer and more abstract social media websites. For example, Instagram is a popular photo-blogging website with over 30 million users, but few businesses have tapped into the marketing potential of the visual social media website.
How can attorneys use Instagram to boost their social media marketing plan?
- Take interesting pictures from you day – certainly at the office and perhaps outside of the office.
- Create hashtags for your photos that are relevant and that will attract new followers.
- Follow the Instagram accounts of those in your industry and community.
- Share Instagram photos on Facebook and Twitter.
- Get others in your office to post relevant images to Instagram.
- Check out how other businesses are utilizing Instagram to help their brand and strengthen relationships with customers and clients.
- Geo-tag your pictures to attract local attention and engage in location-specific marketing.
- Get creative with your photos!
Studies have shown that images attract more attention than plain text when it comes to social media. In addition, it’s likely that your competition hasn’t taken advantage of Instagram for marketing purposes. Get ahead of the crowd, start an account, and begin posting pictures today.
Need help with your social media marketing campaign or want more ideas about how to tap into visual social media marketing? Contact our team at Foster Web Marketing today by calling 888-886-0939.
Why don't I get many contacts even though I have a lot of visitors?
There are four top reasons why you may be getting many visitors, but they aren’t contacting your law firm after visiting your attorney website. These reasons include:
- Too focused on SEO – If you are too concerned about appealing to the search engines and not writing good, quality content that is interesting to your potential clients, then your website visitors will leave your site and continue their search. There is a balance between having optimized content and interesting, helpful content.
- Don’t have an offer or something compelling – If you are not setting yourself apart from your competitors, then potential clients may not be as enticed to call you. By providing a free book or guide, it may give them a reason to contact you instead of your competition.
- Not using chat – People want answers and help fast. This is why the live chat function is so helpful in converting web visitors into clients. If you aren’t using it, you should be.
- No trackable phone number – Clients may be calling you, but if no one is answering the phone beyond a certain hour of the day, and the number is not being tracked, then you may be losing leads.
In order to get contacted by potential clients, make sure you are answering their potential questions in your content and make it easy for them to contact you. If you have questions about this information or need additional attorney online marketing help, call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
What goes into managing an attorney website after it goes live?
You might have created an attorney website that looks great, is stocked with awesome content, and incorporates all the most current search engine optimization tactics, but that doesn’t mean you can just sit back and forget about it once the site is live. Websites need some regular love and attention to really perform well. If you’ve been neglecting your site, or if you have recently finished a new site, you should start putting some effort into maintaining it.
Here are some of the main things you should be doing to manage your website after it’s gone live:
- Adding new content regularly
- Updating old content
- Adjusting SEO tactics as algorithm changes are released
- Monitoring traffic to your landing pages, bounce rate, and other stats
- Fixing broken links, images, and design elements
How you manage your website after it has gone live can make a huge difference in how that marketing investment performs for you in the long run. Don’t let your hard work and marketing dollars go to waste – start managing your attorney website more effectively today.
The online attorney marketing team with Foster Web Marketing would be happy to help you manage your website – whether you want to learn to do it yourself or want our professionals to handle it for you. Our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system makes it simple for busy professionals to manage their website content and add or update as needed. To learn more, give us a call at 1-888-886-0939 today!
Is there an easy way to add new pages to my attorney website or update existing pages?
Adding or updating pages on your attorney website can be a daunting task, especially if it’s your first site or you don’t know much about website design and maintenance. At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that fear and lack of knowledge can prevent many attorneys from taking in active hand in their online marketing – and we think that’s a shame.
We created our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system to help attorneys and other professionals gain more control of their websites and online marketing campaigns, and we’ll even teach you and your staff how to use it to manage your website more effectively. With DSS™, you can:
- Quickly add or update content
- Access detailed analytics for each landing page
- Add offers and videos to your site
- Incorporate a built-in blog
- Easily create a follow-up campaign and newsletter
- Delete pages with just a few clicks
And the best part about it is that you can take advantage of all of those functions in the same place and with a simple user interface. If you’re already a client of Foster Web Marketing, you already have access to DSS™. If you’re not a client and want to learn more, feel free to give us a call!
At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that you only have so much time to manage your website. Our online attorney marketing team would be happy to help you create and maintain a site that works for you, whether you want to take the reins on your own or have us do it for you! To learn more about what our team can do for you, just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939 or fill out the online contact form on this page.
Besides my written content, what elements of my attorney website are most important?
You attorney website is often a potential client’s first impression of you and your law firm or practice. Although your content is important for informing your potential client, building a relationship, and urging them to call your office, most internet users won’t make it to your content if your website looks unprofessional or unreadable. When you’re building a website for a law firm and want to make a great impression, you should pay attention to the following website design elements:
- Your law firm’s logo. Your logo is one of the first things a user will see. Make sure it looks great and doesn’t clash with your overall color scheme.
- Your main image or video. Your homepage should have a prominent picture or video. Make sure it’s of high quality, not too big, and relevant to a potential client.
- How your website is organized and navigated. You should keep the most important information no more than a click or two away, and you should make sure that it’s easy to navigate through your site.
- Your color scheme. Colors give an idea of the overall tone of your attorney website. Choose colors that reflect your personality and look great together.
- How your text appears. Your great content should be inviting and easy to read. Pay attention to your text colors and font sizes.
- Ways to contact you and share with others. Some people just want to speak to a real person about their legal problems. Make sure they know how to contact you for more information, and consider adding social media buttons so your visitors can share with friends and family.
If you have questions about attorney website design, reach out to the experts at Foster Web Marketing. We can help you design an effective and attractive website that makes a great first impression on your potential clients, and we can help you build a library of great content and make sure your potential clients can find you online! Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form to learn more.
If I have a mobile website, do I have to update it separately from my main website?
At Foster Web Marketing, we fully integrate your mobile website with your traditional desktop website. This means that every piece of content that you add to your website via our Dynamic Self-Syndication (DSS) content management system will automatically also appear on your mobile website. This is true for a variety of content you may post, including:
- Library articles
- Blog posts
- News articles
- Frequently asked questions
- Case results
- Free offers
- Practice areas
- Homepage updates
Many people do not want to go mobile with their attorney website because they wrongly believe that it will be one more website to worry about, update, and manage. When you work with Foster Web Marketing, this is simply not the case. Once your mobile lawyer website is up, it will update in tandem with your main, traditional website every time. You can be reassured that any new content on the web can also be found, accessed, and read on a smartphone or tablet.
Are you ready to take your attorney website mobile and take advantage of the millions of new smartphone users across the country? Call our mobile web design team today to get started: 888-886-0939.
What are the disadvantages of doing your own online attorney marketing?
In our last frequently asked question (FAQ), we listed the advantages of doing your own attorney marketing. Next, we will cover the disadvantages of tackling all of your marketing strategies by yourself:
- Marketing – especially doing marketing right – takes up a significant amount of time.
- You may have difficulty keeping up to date on the latest attorney marketing news and trends.
- Handling your own marketing plan may take time away from your primary job of helping clients with their legal issues.
- Doing your own marketing may mean less time away from work and with your family.
- While you can do your own marketing campaigns, you may not be able to do them as well as professionals who specialize in marketing for a living.
- Outsourcing your marketing needs may mean that your marketing projects get done faster.
- You will have to take time to learn the basics of marketing before you get started.
- You may have to hire an in-house employee to help you with marketing tasks.
- You may have difficulty measuring the success of your marketing efforts without help.
After reading about the pros and cons of choosing do-it-yourself marketing, some attorneys decide that they need help, while others decide that they’d like to learn the ropes and take control. Most lawyers take the middle path and choose to take on some marketing projects while outsourcing others. Whatever you decide, we can help. Call Foster Web Marketing today to learn about our marketing services and our marketing training opportunities at 888-886-0939.
What are the benefits of doing your own online attorney marketing?
You wouldn’t think that our business would want attorneys to do their own marketing, but that simply isn’t the case. At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that law firms and offices come in all shapes and sizes and lawyers have a very wide range of needs when it comes to advertising both online and offline. We believe that some attorneys are better off outsourcing their marketing, some are better off learning about marketing and doing it themselves, and some are better off with a combination.
So what are the benefits of tackling online marketing yourself?
- If you know how to do it right, you can save a significant amount of money.
- You can have complete control over your marketing plan and campaigns.
- You can keep things simple by keeping everything in house.
- You can personally measure the results and success of your marketing campaigns.
- You can immediately start and stop campaigns when you feel the need.
- You can make your own deadlines and set your own goals.
- You can have full knowledge of the marketing process.
Of course, many of the benefits of doing your own marketing don’t matter if you aren’t doing a great job of marketing. Before you set out on your own, get educated and trained. Call our team today at 888-886-0939 to learn what you need to know about do-it-yourself attorney marketing.
How personal or casual can I get with my updates if I’m using Facebook to market my law firm?
How personal you get when you’re using Facebook to market your law firm is really up to you. Although you should probably avoid spending all your time talking about yourself, readers do enjoy learning more about you and your interests outside of the office. And your online audience may feel more comfortable coming to you with legal problems if they already feel like they know you.
Keep in mind, though, that your ultimate goal in using Facebook for social media marketing is to represent your law firm in its best light and engage with potential clients. Your Facebook updates should reflect that—even the updates that offer a glimpse of your life outside of the office. Here are a few guidelines for finding the right balance between personal and professional when you’re updating Facebook for your law firm:
- Don’t overdo it. Personal posts are a great way to engage with readers, but don’t just post about yourself. Make sure that you focus on topics related to your law practice, especially topics that offer tips and information that may be useful to your potential clients.
- Don’t air out personal problems. You should always treat your Facebook updates as public information and a reflection of your law firm. It should go without saying, but stop yourself before you post that off-topic personal rant or leave an angry comment.
- Pretend you’re attending a community social engagement. If you wouldn’t say it at a charity fundraiser or an office party, don’t say it on Facebook. You should be friendly and open to your online audience while still remaining professional. Any photos you post should be family friendly, and your posts should be appropriately reserved.
If you’re not using Facebook to promote your law firm online, you could be missing out on a valuable avenue to reach potential clients and build credibility. Talk to our social media marketing experts today to learn more about online marketing for your practice. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 or by filling out our quick online contact form.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.