Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 15
Won’t search engine optimization just make my attorney website look “spammy?”
Not if you’re doing it right! There’s a common misconception that all search engine optimization services use “black hat” SEO techniques – like keyword lists, keyword stuffing, or paid links – to trick search engines into ranking their sites highly. This is simply not true.
At Foster Web Marketing, we believe that your SEO should never get in the way of a great user experience and that you shouldn’t have to trick search engines – or your readers – into visiting your site. Instead, you should focus on providing an online marketing experience that helps you engage with readers, answer their questions, and encourage them to reach out to you for help. We want search engines and visitors to like your site because it’s actually good and easy to find!
Great Attorney SEO Is All About Enhancing the User Experience
A few years ago, it was possible to manipulate search engine algorithms by stuffing your site with irrelevant keywords or paid links. These days, search engines frown on those activities and, instead, reward sites that provide solid content and please visitors.
When you contact our online attorney marketing team, we’ll start by helping you build a website that looks professional and reflects the personality of your law firm. Once it’s live, we’ll help you maintain an engaging and professional online marketing plan, upload original and relevant online content, get started with social media and video, and adjust to the latest trends and changes in the online marketing world.
If you’d like to learn more about doing SEO right, contact our online attorney marketing team today at 1-888-886-0939!
How can I avoid using outdated SEO tactics in my online attorney marketing?
The rules of online attorney marketing change quickly. If you don’t know much about modern SEO, or if your attorney website is a few years old, you could be engaging in once-helpful tactics that are now actually harmful to your image and rankings. Here are a few guidelines for avoiding outdated or manipulative SEO techniques:
- Stop trying to manipulate search engines. Keyword stuffing, buying links, and blog spamming are a thing of the past. Instead of attempting to manipulate search engine algorithms, search engines now reward you for creating engaging and unique content that naturally attracts visitors.
- Pay attention to major search engine changes. Search engines are always improving, and that means that some perfectly legitimate SEO trends can change literally overnight. Keep up on the news, and be prepared to adjust your marketing strategy as needed.
- Focus on your potential clients. Web users are increasingly savvy, and they won’t stick around for sites using obvious manipulation tactics and junk content. Always try to provide a great user experience and engaging content, which keeps your potential clients (and search engines) happy and never goes out of style.
- Hire an online marketing team to help. Keeping up with your online attorney marketing can be a time-consuming chore, and it’s easy to fall behind the times when you’re busy with clients. Hiring an experienced attorney SEO team means that you can quickly adjust to search engine changes and important new trends while focusing on what you do best – practicing the law and working with clients.
Ready to learn more? Reach out to Foster Web Marketing at 1-888-886-0939, or just fill out the quick contact form on this page for more information!
Why do people leave my site?
While we have many clients who are very satisfied with our attorney website marketing services, we also have had some clients who have been promised things by other individuals or companies looking to gain their business. Two examples of promises that other companies have made that have caused some people to leave Foster Web Marketing include:
- Lower rates – While other companies may be able to offer cheaper rates and lower fees, they may fail to produce the results we can. The saying ‘you get what you pay for’ is applicable here because lower costs may not get you the higher quality product that often requires higher costs. When companies or individuals are charging lower rates, it is most likely because their product isn’t as top notch. Smaller, cheaper companies do not have the number of senior coders, developers, and SEO experts working on your site behind the scenes like we do.
- Page one placement on Google – It takes a lot of work to maintain a website correctly and optimize content precisely to get you on page one of Google. Many of our clients are on page one of Google, and it’s mainly due to the money we have invested in DSS and the behind-the-scenes work to make sure your website is optimized correctly. If you are leaving Foster Web Marketing to save money, you most likely will not get these benefits from a lower-priced company.
Generally, clients who have left Foster Web Marketing have not had great success showing up in search results. To talk with an attorney website marketing expert at Foster Web Marketing for help with your website, call us at 888-886-0939 today.
How do I include a “call to action” in my attorney marketing videos?
You already understand the importance of adding a call to action to your written web content to encourage your readers to reach out to you, but how do you add a great call to action to your web video? This is a great question because, sadly, many businesses forget to add a call to action to their web videos and sometimes leave potential customers hanging, unsure where to go next for help.
Don’t make the same mistake by leaving your potential clients hanging after they’ve watched your relevant and engaging video. Here are a few easy ways you can incorporate a great call to action into your attorney web videos:
- Ask your viewer to call. It seems obvious, but you might be surprised how often it’s overlooked. Consider verbally encouraging your viewer to call or visit your website for more information or a consultation.
- Feature your website and phone number on the screen. Take advantage of the visual medium by placing your phone number and URL on the screen for your viewer to see.
- Add video annotation with a link to your site. Some video sharing sites, like YouTube, allow you to annotate videos with an overlay. Consider adding a link to a relevant landing page on your website or to your online contact form.
If you would like to talk about more ideas for adding an effective call to action to your attorney marketing videos, speak with our online attorney marketing team today. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 or by filling out the easy online contact form on this page to learn more.
Should I use Google AdWords or Google AdWords Express?
When it comes to choosing between Google AdWords and Google AdWords Express, one isn’t simply better than the other – in reality, there a few major differences between the two services, each of which comes with its own benefits and drawbacks. Let’s take a closer look:
- Adwords Express is easier to use. Put plainly, AdWords Express is a simpler version of the original program. It takes several manual aspects of from the original AdWords and automates them. For example, AdWords Express chooses your keywords and eliminates the bidding and budgeting process. You can set up an account in just a few minutes and have a pay-per-click campaign running in just a few more.
- AdWords give you more control and power. When you get the gift of ease and simplicity, you pay for it with the loss of management and control. Google AdWords Express does not allow you to experiment with different and innovative keywords or to manage your budget closely based on the success of past campaigns and other research. Although the original program takes significantly more time and effort, you can truly tailor your PPC advertising campaign and be in control of its success.
As you can see, whether you choose the original AdWords tool or the new AdWords Express tool depends upon what you want out of your pay-per-click search engine campaign and what you are willing to put into it. Only you can answer the question.
Do you need help with your attorney online marketing plan, or are you having trouble finding success with pay-per-click advertising? Our marketing team is specially qualified to help. Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
What is Google AdWords Express?
Launched somewhat recently, Google AdWords Express is a simplified version of Google AdWords that caters to small, local businesses who may not have the time, personnel, or need to invest in a full-blown pay-per-click advertising campaign. While AdWords Express is a great idea for some, it does have a few related drawbacks that all users should be aware of.
The process of using AdWords Express is designed to be fast and simple:
- Create an account and link it to your website or Google+ page.
- Enter your monthly budget.
- Select a business category.
- Allow Google to select keywords and place ads for you, according to your budget.
In traditional AdWords, you would be asked to bid on specific keywords, give more information about your budget, or check in to see how your campaign is doing on a daily basis. Obviously, having Google do much of this work for you automatically has both its pros and its cons – users have less control and less responsibility at the same time.
Do you have questions about Google AdWords – or whether Google AdWords Express might be a palatable option for your law firm marketing plan? We can help you understand your best choice and how pay-per-click advertising might best fit into your online attorney marketing strategy. Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
Should I upload my attorney marketing videos to YouTube?
Yes! Uploading your attorney marketing videos to YouTube can be a great way to increase your exposure, reach more potential clients, and make connections with others. YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world, and it makes sense to take advantage of the potential of this huge social search site. If you need help creating or uploading videos for YouTube, just give our online attorney marketing team a quick call with your questions.
But Don’t Stop There
Although YouTube can be a great way to promote your attorney marketing videos, don’t stop there. You should also be using your web videos on your own attorney website and on Facebook or other social media sites. One of the benefits of an attorney web video is that you can use the same video in a variety of different marketing materials to engage with more potential clients and contacts. Just make sure that your video looks great, features engaging content, and is relevant to your practice and your potential clients’ needs.
To learn more about web video marketing and YouTube, please request your FREE copy of our helpful book The Small Business Guide to YouTube: How to Get Found by the World’s Most Aggressive Internet Users and Never Miss Another Lead.
If you have questions about using video to market a law firm, or if you need help shooting or optimizing video for your business, please speak with our friendly attorney web video team today. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 or by filling out the quick contact form on this page.
Could my law firm’s marketing plan benefit from having an Instagram account?
These days, about 90 percent of businesses are taking advantage of social media marketing opportunities, especially on social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. However, fewer businesses – and even fewer law firms – have experimented with newer and more abstract social media websites. For example, Instagram is a popular photo-blogging website with over 30 million users, but few businesses have tapped into the marketing potential of the visual social media website.
How can attorneys use Instagram to boost their social media marketing plan?
- Take interesting pictures from you day – certainly at the office and perhaps outside of the office.
- Create hashtags for your photos that are relevant and that will attract new followers.
- Follow the Instagram accounts of those in your industry and community.
- Share Instagram photos on Facebook and Twitter.
- Get others in your office to post relevant images to Instagram.
- Check out how other businesses are utilizing Instagram to help their brand and strengthen relationships with customers and clients.
- Geo-tag your pictures to attract local attention and engage in location-specific marketing.
- Get creative with your photos!
Studies have shown that images attract more attention than plain text when it comes to social media. In addition, it’s likely that your competition hasn’t taken advantage of Instagram for marketing purposes. Get ahead of the crowd, start an account, and begin posting pictures today.
Need help with your social media marketing campaign or want more ideas about how to tap into visual social media marketing? Contact our team at Foster Web Marketing today by calling 888-886-0939.
Why don't I get many contacts even though I have a lot of visitors?
There are four top reasons why you may be getting many visitors, but they aren’t contacting your law firm after visiting your attorney website. These reasons include:
- Too focused on SEO – If you are too concerned about appealing to the search engines and not writing good, quality content that is interesting to your potential clients, then your website visitors will leave your site and continue their search. There is a balance between having optimized content and interesting, helpful content.
- Don’t have an offer or something compelling – If you are not setting yourself apart from your competitors, then potential clients may not be as enticed to call you. By providing a free book or guide, it may give them a reason to contact you instead of your competition.
- Not using chat – People want answers and help fast. This is why the live chat function is so helpful in converting web visitors into clients. If you aren’t using it, you should be.
- No trackable phone number – Clients may be calling you, but if no one is answering the phone beyond a certain hour of the day, and the number is not being tracked, then you may be losing leads.
In order to get contacted by potential clients, make sure you are answering their potential questions in your content and make it easy for them to contact you. If you have questions about this information or need additional attorney online marketing help, call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.