Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 19
How much should I prepare before I meet with your attorney ghostwriting team?
Although we’re happy to work with you at any stage of the attorney book writing process, there are a few pieces of information that will help us get started more quickly. Before your meeting, think about your answers to these questions:
- Do I want to create a single book or a series of books?
- Do I know what I want the book to be about, or do I need help coming up with ideas?
- Do I have a timeline in mind for publication?
- Do I want the tone of my book to come across as friendly, caring, aggressive, or formal?
- Do I already have some resources or written content I’d like to incorporate?
Jot down your answers to these questions and any additional concerns you may have, and be ready to talk about it with our attorney ghostwriting team. We’ll help you clarify and expand your ideas and set you up with a professional writer who can make those ideas a reality.
Need more writing help? For more information about creating great content for your potential clients, take a look at our own FREE book for attorneys, The Secret to Content that Gets You Cases, Plain and Simple. This important resource will help you write better content for your online audience and really reach out to your potential clients.
And, as always, if you need a hand with any part of book writing for lawyers, give our attorney ghostwriting team a call at 1-888-886-0939 or use our quick online contact form.
I want to offer a free attorney e-book on my site, but I have no idea what to write about. Do I have to have a clear idea before I take advantage of your book writing for lawyers service?
Offering a free e-book on your law firm’s website is a great way to build trust with potential clients and promote your services, but we understand how hard it can be to come up with ideas. At Foster Web Marketing, we’d be happy to help you brainstorm from scratch or look over ideas you’ve jotted down. Then, we can work together to create a book that will be a great resource for your potential clients and make you look like an expert in your field.
If you’re new to book writing for lawyers, take a few minutes to think about what kind of information you’d like to share and the message you want to convey. Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Walk readers through a common legal process in your practice area. For example, you might give a timeline and more information about how a personal injury case proceeds or talk about the steps in bankruptcy and loan modification.
- Expand upon current news and events. Have there been recent changes to the law in your practice area? Has a case related to your practice area had a lot of media coverage? Write a book that explains or expands upon popular subjects in words your readers can understand.
- Help your readers handle a crisis and make the legal process easier. For example, a personal injury lawyer might write a book about what to do at the scene of an accident, or a criminal defense lawyer might want to write about what you should do if your loved one is arrested.
If you need a hand creating an attorney e-book for your law firm’s website, feel free to give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939 or fill out our easy online contact form. We have a team of attorney ghostwriting experts ready to talk to you about book writing for lawyers and support you through the process of becoming a published author in your field.
How often should I update or redesign my attorney website?
It depends. When you are talking about updating or redesigning an attorney website, the process essentially can be broken down into two major concerns:
1. The Content
Google pays attention to sites that offer fresh and frequent content, so you should update your site as often as possible with a good variety of content. Take a look at your site, and consider adding a lawyer blog, new web videos, social media integration, regular news updates, or a series of informative articles on popular subjects. Don’t forget also to put in the effort to maintain the content you already have by keeping important and high-traffic areas up-to-date and easy to find.
2. The Design
There is no set schedule for updating your attorney website design, but don’t let that fool you into believing that design updates aren’t necessary. You should probably shoot for a site-wide redesign every few years. Time moves fast on the Web, so what was a beautiful site a year ago could look outdated and shoddy today.
Users also have evolving preferences for how they navigate and access your site as technology and tastes change, so it’s wise to pay attention to those trends and to accommodate by updating your menus and potentially add additional services, like a mobile site. And, of course, it’s a good idea to make sure all of your design elements are in working order and look good on the page!
Think your law firm website could use a spring cleaning? Get in touch with our attorney website design experts today at 1-888-886-0939, and read through our FREE book, The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites.
I don’t really understand how redesigning a law firm website can bring in more clients. What does my design have to do with it?
Although content is important, even the best content will get lost in a bad design. An up-to-date site that puts an emphasis on providing a great user experience will always outshine a lackluster site that doesn’t have its users’ needs in mind.
In a nutshell, Google wants to connect its users with sites that provide a good user experience, and your users are more likely to reach out and contact you if you provide the information they need online. If your site doesn’t answer your potential clients’ questions, or if your design makes those answers hard to find and leaves your users frustrated, then it is pretty likely your page rankings will suffer.
Here are some tips for redesigning your lawyer website to create a better user experience:
- Make your site easy to navigate. Your content doesn’t matter if no one can get to it. Organize your menus and navigation so that your users can easily find what they need.
- Create links that make sense. Pay attention to the way you link your own lawyer website together. The more sense your internal links make and the longer users are on your page soaking up relevant information, the better it is for your page rankings.
- Use content to answer questions and build trust. Your content should focus more on solving your potential clients’ problems and answering questions, which makes you look like the expert to turn to when it’s time to take legal action.
- Make sure it’s easy on the eyes. Web users aren’t going to stick around on an ugly website. Choose colors and design elements carefully, take advantage of “white space,” and try to create a sharp-looking site for your users.
Need help getting more out of your lawyer website design? Speak with our law firm web design experts today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form for more information!
What is call tracking, and how does it work?
A call tracking system records certain information about who calls your business and which marketing campaign they were responding to. The specific information a call tracking system collects varies, but generally a call tracking system can record:
- How many calls you receive
- Which numbers have called your line
- Where your callers are contacting you from
- When your callers contact you
- Which advertising campaign your caller got your number from
- Whether you have missed calls—and, if so, when those calls came in
- Whether you have had repeat callers
What can you learn through this information? The major benefit of call tracking is that it can help you better understand your potential clients and better understand which marketing strategies are working for your business. Although it is relatively easy to track what works on your website or what is working when it comes to your pay-per-click advertising, it can be difficult to track phone calls without a call tracking system.
Call tracking is a simpler process than many people are led to believe. It doesn’t require any special equipment on your end, and it doesn’t affect your existing phone numbers. In fact, as far as marketing analytics tools go, call tracking is a very straightforward and easy-to-implement process.
How call tracking works can be broken down into two major parts:
- Call tracking setup. When we set up your call tracking, you will get to decide whether you would like a toll-free number or a local number. You will also get to decide where you’d like the calls to be sent: directly to your office, to your marketing department, to a third-party answering system, or even to your home or cell phone. Finally, you will decide which marketing campaign to tie your number to.
- Information collection. Each time someone calls your number, it is fed through a proprietary phone system that monitors and tracks the incoming call. Your call tracking system will note the time of the call, whether the call was answered, the length of the call, the origin of the call, and identifying information about the caller.
Make Certain Someone Picks Up When Potential Leads Dial Your Number
Call tracking doesn’t just help you count how many people are calling from which pieces of advertising—or where they are calling from. Call tracking also shows you when people are picking up the phone and whether or not someone picks up on the other end.
When you look at your call tracking data, make special note of the peak times that people call your numbers—and also any times when significant numbers of people are getting your answering machine or answering service. If a large number of people are calling when you are out of the office, consider having these callers forwarded to a different number during certain hours or extending your office hours. You may also consider hiring an answering service or finding an alternative solution, such as receiving calls personally.
Without call tracking, it can be difficult or even impossible to fully understand when your clients are calling or when you aren’t around to take their calls. A missed call could be a missed client.
Do you wonder if your law office could benefit from call tracking, or do you have more questions about exactly how call tracking systems work? Contact Foster Web Marketing today to learn more.
What is a back-end campaign?
A back-end campaign is made up of the marketing activities that you do after a potential client contacts you. To maximize the effectiveness of your marketing efforts, it is important to follow up with every lead that you generate. This can be a lot of work, but this work can be lessened by using our online tools.
Your website may generate leads through contact forms, your listed phone number, online chat, or free reports. With each different lead generation method, you always want to have a different and specific back-end campaign. This can be a lot of work if you try to manually track all of your leads, which is why automated and custom back-end campaigns are supported by Foster Web Marketing’s DSS system.
Sending out emails and newsletters to your leads can translate into more leads. Including links to your website on your newsletter or in your emails will drive interested visitors back to your site. Oftentimes, leads that do not turn into cases for you may refer their friends or family to your firm.
Because of the value of back-end campaigns, it is one of the attorney online marketing areas that we focus on. Many customers of Foster Web Marketing take advantage of our well-known and well-developed DSS system to manage their back-end campaigns.
Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 and take advantage of our powerful and customizable lawyer online marketing tools.
What should I do if my Google AdWords copy is disapproved?
It can be alarming and discouraging to get an email from Google stating that one of your AdWords ads was disapproved. However, this does not spell doom for your attorney website AdWords campaign – there are several steps you can take to resolve the issue:
- Find out which ad (or ads) was disapproved by going to your AdWords account.
- Understand why your ad was disapproved (an issue with the text, an issue with your website, an issue with your marketing strategy, a violation of a specific AdWords rule, etc.).
- Determine whether you need to make changes to your ad, your website, or your marketing strategy. Your mistake may be as simple as a grammar problem or a missing line of text, or as serious as an inappropriate marketing technique, such as directing readers to a website that isn’t related to the keyword.
- Edit your ad, change your website, or change your marketing idea. If none of these solutions seem appealing, consider an online marketing strategy other than Google AdWords.
Do you need assistance with your law office Google AdWords campaign? We can help. Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 to learn more about how we can help you improve your online lawyer marketing results.
What are the length requirements and rules for my Google Adwords copy?
A Google AdWords ad can be an extremely effective strategy for getting targeted, local traffic to your attorney website. But writing the ad itself can be a challenge, especially if you are not familiar with the limitations and requirements set by Google. Here are the current rules for writing a Google AdWords ad:
- The headline of your ad can be a maximum of 25 characters, including spaces.
- The first and second description lines of your ad can be a maximum of 35 characters, including spaces.
- The display URL (the fourth and final line of your ad) may be 35 characters, though long URLs may be shortened using services like TinyURL and bitly.
- The display URL cannot be replaced with a third line of description.
- Your second line of description is not allowed to lead in to your URL.
- Your text cannot appear to be cut off or interrupted.
- Your website should be relevant to the keywords your ad is based upon.
- Ads cannot mimic email inbox subject lines.
- Ads cannot contain a call to action, such as “click here.”
- Ads cannot contain excessively bad spelling and grammar.
Do you need assistance with your Google AdWords copy, or do you want to learn how a Google AdWords campaign could help your attorney website? Contact Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939.
What are some good ideas for my offline marketing?
An effective online marketing strategy for law firm websites can and should be strengthened by an active offline marketing plan. Traditional marketing tools and interaction with your local community can support and even bolster your lead generation and acquisition of customers.
Every local community is different and an offline marketing strategy should be targeted to acquire your ideal client in your area. There are several good ways to get started today. Here are a few:
- Distribute a newsletter – This is an effective marketing tool that has been used by a number of Foster Web Marketing clients. For example, attorney Ben Glass frequently sends out a newsletter and even has a dedicated website for it.
- Engage the local community – There are many ways to get involved locally, like sponsoring events, providing free presentations, or working with schools.
- Write for your local free newspaper or periodical – Many communities have free publications that are meant to serve the public. Writing articles related to your practice areas in these publications can help raise awareness of your firm and what you offer.
Navigating the many potential marketing channels that are available to your firm can be a daunting challenge—optimizing them can be just as challenging.
Contact Foster Web Marketing to get the help you need in optimizing your attorney website by calling 888.886.0939.
How do I get more visitors to my attorney website?
While it can be tempting to want a super high hit count for your website, it is far from the most important online metric. What matters more is converting visitors into customers.
However, some ways to get more visitors to your attorney website can also do much more than that. For example, writing content can both improve your visitor count and improve your ability to turn page viewers into clients.
Write More and Better Content
There is a reason that content is king. Having more and better content can not only generate more traffic, but drive higher quality traffic to your website. The right kind of content will attract the right kind of visitor.
Write News Articles
News articles can certainly drive more traffic to your website. However, with news articles, it is possible to get visitors that quickly leave your website. Instead, it is useful to have content that attracts and engages high quality visitors. One such approach is to answer the questions of your potential clientele by having Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on your website.
Write Frequently Asked Questions
To write FAQs for your website, it is useful to imagine who your ideal customers are and focus on what you think their most pressing questions are. Then write answers to their follow on questions. Once you write one answer, you can link to another FAQ page on your website. This engages your visitors and allows users to click through to obtain the information that is relevant to them.
Foster Web Marketing is well-known for its high-quality lawyer website design. Contact us today to get started on generating high-quality traffic and to improve your lead generation and conversation rate by calling 888.886.0939.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.